GRAPHIC DESIGNER (FULL-TIME)
Come join our growing creative team in beautiful Northwest Florida! Our team supports five campuses of Destiny Worship Center. You’ll be working one block away from the beach at our studio at the Destin Campus. Our team is made up of collaborative, fun, professional and creative individuals who are passionate about church media.
- Monday – Friday, some weekends for big events like Easter or conferences.
- Paid vacation, sick days, and holidays
- Retirement plan available
- Portfolio with 3-5yrs of experience
- Skilled in working with clients and managing expectations, communication, and relationships
- Has worked in project management software, knowledge of Wrike or similar is a plus.
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Able to design within brand guidelines.
- Work within a project management software. We use Wrike.
- A solid creative process to produce content for sermon series, social media, merch, signage, etc.
- Can reformat graphics to different dimensions and screen types while keeping the design details consistent to the original.
- Confidently works with regional ministry leaders in a “client” style to support events, campuses, sermon series, social media, signage, etc.
- Ability to create and prep files for print and be able to communicate deadlines and project specs with outside vendors. This is a big part of the job. Print projects could range from postcards, t-shirts, die-cut stickers, building signage, feather flags, window/wall clings, stage design, etc.
- Time management and the ability to prioritize task load.
- Communication skills: can converse in a professional manner consistently
- Photography and web design experience is a huge plus but not required.
Qualities We’re Looking For:
- Has a relationship with Jesus.
- Creative / Problem Solver – bringing solutions and ideas to the table.
- Humility – knows when to ask for help.
- Resourceful – able to figure something out if it’s not in their wheelhouse. Researches trends and ideas. Can find a vendor for a certain project or will research best practices for a merch booth display, etc.
- Student mindset – always learning new skills and improving their craft and reflects on how they can improve
- Collaborative – can work with the video team to create elements to brand videos, bounce around creative ideas in a group setting, give healthy feedback on creative projects, etc.
- Flexible – will step up to the plate and work with the team if media is requested with a tight turnaround in a crisis situation.
- Can maintain healthy boundaries – able to identify when to professionally and politely explain our media procedures for submitting requests within turnaround times and work within our processes we’ve set up.
- Empathetic – able to understand campus and ministry struggles so you can be thoughtful in communication and logistics that involve them.